Sunday, November 15, 2009

Abyss

Getting over a love that never was

is quite a daunting task

We had been together for a couple of years

We had shared everything under the sun

We got to know quite a bit

better than anyone ever did

In the middle of it all

I started sinking deeper into her

I fell for her and never realized

I realized it when I started to notice

the burning sensation that over powers me

when somebody looks at her

The same overwhelms me completely

when she talks of some guy

It was a struggle to hide that from her

For I never saw any such signs from her end

More than these brief stints of possessiveness

I started missing her when she was not around

I started caring about her when she was not well

I started feeling her pain as mine when she was hurt

All these came up to such a level

where it had never reached before

Even in all this she never realized

how much I love her

May be it was me or

The way I said it

It never brought the desired result

when I finally said it

As time went on

I went on loving her more and more

without her realizing that fact

Even me not realizing the fact

that I am plunging deeper and deeper

Into the Abyss of love

Now I find myself in a place where

getting out of this Abyss called love,

that never was

Is the most difficult thing I ever faced…

No comments: